Cycloscope provides a sophisticated, versatile tool for a range of applications, including:
- improving the efficiency of sports activities
- raising awareness for reaction to stress, relaxation, environment
- recording untypical episodes for documentation and review
- collecting physiological data for research
We are seeking manufacturers of bluetooth-enabled sensor devices that produce live data streams. Our aim is to support a wide range of such devices in all fields of applications including
- Physiological data such as ECGs, Pulse-Oximetry, EEGs
- Mechanical vibrationand pressure monitoring
- Geoscience, meteorological and climate data
If you are a hardware manufacturer who is interested in promoting own technology via such a multi-channel strategy, then please contact us.
Cycloscope's commmercial incentive is the promotion of Sunics technology to a wider audience. Each cycloscope will be available as a free version. We believe that informal partnerships and cross-promotion are of great benefit as they increase market awareness. Collaboration between hardware and software OEMs is perfectly lined up for this. As a hardware manufacturer you may be forced to develop software to complete your offerings. Partnering with us, this investment may become less urgent as we represent a free option to quickly go to market. Either way, we have no intention to compete with your software.
Due to our limited financial resources we prefer:
- reasonably priced development kit including BT interface specification and hardware device
- refering to cycloscopes.com from your website, once your hardware is supported to your satisfaction
in return we offer without secret agenda or hidden cost:
- extending our hardware support to your product
- increased market exposure via Android Market
- free software that visualises, records and emails data captured from your device
- promoting our novel, patented technology by example of your sensor hardware (no patent licensing contract required !)
- advertising your product on cycloscopes.com - increasing traffic to your website via Google searches
Please feel free to approach us with any enquiries or suggestions.
Monitoring live electrocardiograms transmitted by the Alive Heart Monitor is set up quickly:
Setting up Cardio Monitoring (ECG & Rate)
- Connect the two electrodes to you chest
- Connect the small leads to the heart monitor
- Start the monitor (bluetooth transmission is enabled by default)
- Enable bluetooth on your phone
- Start Cycloscope Physio
- The display shows
- cyclogram* with all ECG data, past to current
- heart rate history and current value
- current ECG waveform.
*the cyclogram will start to fill up like a progress bar, capturing events and trends.
Cycloscopes are novelty products not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in man or other animals.
To the extent permissible by applicable law cycloscopes software is provided without warranty of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranty of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cycloscopes is a suite of mobile apps for the visualisation and analysis of real-time data.
Cycloscope Cardio captures heart details during workout, sport and rehabilitation. A free Android version is available on Google Play.
Connected to an external ECG hardware such as the Alive Heart Monitor, Cycloscopes Cardio captures and displays the full detail of each cardio cycle in real-time.
ECGs provide significantly more information than standard heart rate monitors.
Our concise 'cyclogram' display shows the data captured over the entire monitoring period. No need to constantly check the display - the cyclogram won't miss a beat.
Candidate episodes are easily recognized at any time later. A single glance reveals:
Oh, and of course you can
- acquisition, monitoring and recording of real-time data
- view cycle history, rate and waveform
- record in *.wav and *.ats format
- share via email
- replay *.wav and *.ats file
- supports Alive Heart Monitor (ECG and accelerometer channel)
Cycloscopes are software-based tools for the visualisation of 'cylic' real time data such as movement, vibration, physiological data or sound. All tools are based on innovative technology extending the traditional 'cyclogram' to a wide range of data types and applications.
All Cyloscopes products are powered by Sunics technology, an innovative and patented approach to image-based signal processing.
Why Does the Cycle History Sometimes Grow Slower ?
The speed with which the cycle history grows depends on the display settings. Refer to Menu->Settings->Monitoring->Display Duration. The examples bundled with the online demo are changing this setting automatically to values between 2-12 minutes, hence the variation in growth rate.
What is a 'Cycle' ?
This depends on the type of data you are monitoring. If for example you are monitoring the acceleration of your foot while running, then a cycle will correspond to the movement of a step. If you are viewing an ECG, then a cycle corresponds to the time between two heart beats.
What is the 'Cycle History' ?
The cycle history is seen at the top of the display. It looks like a growing progress bar filled with a changing pattern. The cycle history shows a large number of recent cycles, in a compact and re-arranged manner: The horizontal axis corresponds to time, with the 'past' on the left and 'present' on the most right. The vertical direction corresponds to the cycle position, from 'cycle start' on the top to 'cycle end' at the bottom. Colours correspond to the cycle values as displayed in the cycle waveform.
Hint: the animated white cursors in the cycle waveform (bottom) and the cycle history (top) illustrate how these two visualisations relate to each other.
Can I use Cycloscope for Clinical Assessment ?
No. Cycloscopes is a novelty product not registered as a medical device. Please refer to our legal disclaimer.
Why the Name 'Cycloscope" ?
The ancient Greek word for "examine" is skopein, the Latin word for"viewing instrument"is scopium. In analogy to telescope, microscope and oscilloscope the canonical name for a viewing instrument to examine cycles is therefore cycloscope. The first use of this word we are aware of was by Dr.A.E.Douglas who invented an optico-mechanical instrument visualising cycles occurring in quasi-periodic phenomena. (Douglas A.E., 1936, Climatic cycles and tree growth, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Pub. No. 289,3). The corresponding term cycloscope or a visualisation obtained by aligning cycles in a parallel manner is used in reference to a visualisation which Russian cosmonaut Georgi Grechko created during his 96-day flight with Salyut 6.
Our technology generalises above concepts to aperiodic data. We therefore honour above contributors by adopting their terminology.